Qualifying the Potential Buyer
We will be vigilant in ensuring that potential buyers who we bring to your property are financially qualified to purchase so as to minimize wasted time. We will ask the necessary questions in determining whether the buyer is a good fit with our clients. For instance, we will:
- Request mortgage pre-qualification letters from potential buyers.
- Ask pertinent questions about the potential buyer’s income and assets.
- Inquire as to whether the potential buyer is selling their home to assess readiness to buy.
- Inquire as to whether they own or have owned property in the past.
- Obtain proof of funds for the deposit if the potential buyer is obtaining a mortgage, and proof of funds for the total purchase price if the deal is all cash.
We would never allow our sellers to sign a contract with a potential buyer until we could prove that the buyer is financially qualified.
THE NEXT STEP IS RECEIVING AN OFFER AND NEGOTIATING.